Sunday, January 28, 2007

Birthday Menu & Decorations



Ravi's birthday celebrations went on a grand scale. This was all done in last minute. We didn't want to celebrate this time at home and thought of going out for dinner but my brother insisted that we invite everyone home and I had just one day to make the preparations. I didn't have anything in the refrigerator and since Ravi likes sweets, I started making them and Ravi and Naveen got the groceries for me. I was cooking almost all day y'day.


The menu was:

Drinks:
Mango Punch

Appetizers:
7 layer dip
Corn soup

Entrees:
Methi Matar Malai
Palak Paneer
Naan
Rumali Roti
Tri-colored Rice

Desserts:
Badam Halwa
Double ka mitta
Chandrakantha


I could not take individual pictures of the dishes, but everything is on the table below. I plan to make them again sometime and link them all to this blog.




I made some decoration on the coffee table just to make it look extra special.





Same here, I had some fresh flowers at home and I arranged them all through the living and dining rooms. I could not take pictures of other decorations!! I also lighted candles in all the rooms and the smell made us so calm and peaceful inspite of all the tiredness and noise around.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Lata,
    First time to your blog. Liked your
    birthday party arrangements with flowers in wine glasses and all, a very nice idea.

    cheers
    rajani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the nice decorations.U have anice blog. iam visiting your blog for the first time.I'll checking this blog for more decorating ideas!!

    ReplyDelete