Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Soya Chilli Manchuria


Yum, Yum, Yum ....oh this is so yummy...that is what my taste buds said when I ate this.

Usually for any Manchurian, you need to deep fry the item, but this one I shallow fried and the taste remained the same...that Manchurian taste you die for.

Very easy recipe, can be made in minutes...I don't have the exact measurements I used, since I made this long long time ago...so just use your own measurements. I will make this again sometime to add the ingredients with exact measurements.

Ingredients you need to make this are:

Soya
nuggets

Maida
Cornflour
Chilli powder
Salt
Onions
Garlic
Green Chillies
Capsicum
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Spring Onions
Coriander


Initially put soya nuggets in hot water and soak for a while. Remove and squeeze away water after they become soft. Add salt, chilli power, maida and cornflour to them and mix them until the mixture coats well to all the soya nuggets. But, don't add any water to it. Deep fry or shallow fry in oil and keep aside.

Now, heat the oil in a pan, add crushed garlic, chopped onions, chopped green chillies, chopped capsicum and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes. Add some water and bring it to a boil. Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt and chilli powder and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix corn flour with water and add it to the above sauce for thickening the sauce. Just before the sauce begins to thicken, add crunchy fried soya nuggets, chopped coriander and chopped spring onions.

Remove in a serving plate, garnish with chopped coriander and spring onions.

Enjoy...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Latha,first time ur blog.U have a lovely one out here.Loved the manchurian a perfect treat for winter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. Yes, I am trying to make it better but time is the crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Latha,

    I just tried this recipe and it was just very very yummy. My 8 year old loved it too...I am happy since it is nutritious due to the soya nuggets .. Thanks! and this is my first comment in the blogworld that I have been browsing for last whole year... This recipe is so good that I had to comment.

    Vijaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please post the complete recipe! Cannot wait to prepare this one!!

    ReplyDelete