Sunday, February 1, 2009

Say Yes to Banana Milk Shake!!

A life-saver when an unexpected guest arrives. This is the first basic milk-shake I learnt back in India when I was in 6th or 7th standard and have been making ever since. I know it is highly loaded with calories but in one way I save some calories by not adding any sugar to it. I make this usually when the banana goes very ripe and when Ravi hesitates to eat such ones.

To make this, put bananas in a blender with little milk and crumble them. Then add dry fruit masala, little ice cream, mostly we go with Vanilla but this time I added Kaju Draksh. (If you do not have any ice creams in hand, then add 1/2 cup of cream and if you do not have any dry fruit masala, add cardammom powder according to your taste). Add remaining milk and blend till the shake is uniform. Aerate it to get some bubbles and leave it for 2-3 minutes before serving.

I served this with Bhel Puri which is also a life-saver. And the recipe for Bhel Puri has been posted in my previous post.



No comments:

Post a Comment