Monday, January 28, 2008

Mango Cake-Eggless

My brother told me not to post this on the site by looking at the color and look of this cake, but don't go by the looks, this infact was much tastier than it looks. I tried for eggless cakes and I found this Mango version. The original recipe asked for real Mangoes but I didn't have any, so I used Mango Pulp instead.


1 cup diced fresh mango/mango pulp
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup skim milk powder
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup crushed pista
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Sift together the wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.Add crushed Pista.
  3. Put mango, water, sugar, milk powder, yogurt, and oil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
  4. Pour the mango puree into flour mixture and mix well.
  5. Put the whole mixture in a baking pan and bake until done (about 20-30 mins).

Pour some mango pulp and add some dry fruits on the top for decoration.

Note: I felt that the cake was lesssweeter, so you can increase the quantity of sugar or put some extra mango pulp in the plate and eat.

27 comments:

  1. That is one mouthwatering cake. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we use dry mango? I mean soak and then blen it to make it smooth. I love anything with mango!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to try any eggless cake. Cake looks yummy. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hima,

    It was indeed a mouthwatering one. Finished all at one go.

    Lakshmi,

    I don't know if we can use Dry Mango. I don't think it would taste good.

    Easycrafts and Jaya,

    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! That mango syrup dripping on to the plate there is making me drool!:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice delicious sounding recipe...thx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eggless cake looks delicious...love that topping...

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks yummy.Great recipe..Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks nice Lata:) I could eat any kind of cake, you know, and this one's really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I am so glad that you did not listen to your brother because this cake looks inviting and having that mango sauce soak up the cake, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so good lata. At first I mistook the mango puree for caramel sauce. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would definitely try this lata... I never could bake properly eggless cakes.. this is a must try for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lata, it looks gorgeous! I'm going to get mango pulp next time I am at the Indian grocery!

    Brother, what brother :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came across your recipe when looking for egg-less cake recipes. Tried it the same day. Came out great. Thanks a lot for sharing it. I made some modifications.
    - Used whole wheat pastry flour from co-op store.
    - I cup brown sugar
    - almond meal instead of pista powder
    I also used mango pulp from Indian store. It has sweetener added. Overall, the sweetness level with the 1 cup sugar & the sweet pulp was perfect.
    We also had it with eggless mango ice-cream from Wholefoods.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks too good! Thanks for sharing!! Have added you to my blogroll!

    www.zaiqa.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yumm the ckae looks so delicious. Your brother was wrong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lata, I hope you are doing good. Haven't blogged in a while. I hope you are past the nausea period and enjoying the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Different mango cake, after looking the recipe i can't imagine the taste of it but i'll try it definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cake Lata. Even I have considered making mango cake using mango pulp. Glad I have found a recipe for that. The cake looks so moist. You can leave the link for this one also and I'll update it in the eggless cakes list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, a mango cake and that too, eggless. Blogrolling it! Will let you know how that goes..thanks for sharing. Btw, first time on your blog and I love it..cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Made this cake yday. It was very simple and delicious. Will post it soon.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,

    I tried this cake out. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Here is my experience :
    http://romaspace.wordpress.com/2008/09/12/mango-cake/

    Roma

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi!!!
    cake waz gud in taste!!
    yummmmmy!!!
    but waz not gud by look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always great to find a good eggless dessert recipe. Looks delicious. What the heck is pista?

    ReplyDelete