Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bhel Puri

Bhel Puri is an all time snack at my place and sometimes becomes our dinner when we think of eating something light. I ate this first time in Calcutta when I was I think in my 4th standard. so, all my memories of Bhel Puri take me to that city whereas my Mumbai friends tell me that Bhel Puri is from Mumbai :-) For this wonderful snack, do you think place really matters?

My brother has been trying to make Bhel Puri for him and Ravi ever since I came to India and he didn't find any luck making a nice one. He has been trying to contact me at very odd hours and not getting any help, he really got frustrated. I thought I will go ahead and post the recipe without picture for this time.

Things you need are either bhel mix or murmura and sev and mix with the chutney recipe below.

To make chutney, you need..

green chutney
red chutney/sweet chutney
garlic chutney
onions, finely chopped
tomatoes, finely chopped
cucumber, finely chopped (optional)
potatoes, boiled and chopped
chaat masala
salt
chilli powder
lemon juice
sugar

mix all the chutney items well and combine either with Bhel Puri mix that we get in Indian stores and garnish with coriander. Serve Immediately.

or

mix with puffed rice and garnish with sev and coriander. Serve Immediately.


3 comments:

  1. Slurp!! Wish I could have some now!

    How is the baby doing? Happy new year to you all, enjoy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Happy New Year. I love Bhel puri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey new mom! Congratulations (though I am late!) and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete