Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers

When I had gone to Harris Teeter to buy some groceries, I came across these mini peppers packed in all colors, red, orange and yellow. I immediately wanted to buy that packet but didn’t know what I am going to do with that. I used green and red peppers in cooking but I never used those other colors and I didn’t know how they taste. But, I took them thinking that I will make something out of them, something nice.

And I started thinking of various different things we can do with peppers, like steaming, stuffing or roasting them to add in various dishes but something struck my mind and I thought why not make mini stuffed bell peppers with potato stuffing. And that’s how I ended up making this dish. This can be used as a side dish with dal and rice or dal and chapattis. I can’t give the exact quantity of peppers or potatoes to use in this dish; see what works for you. Since I used the whole packet, I worked with 3 potatoes.


-------------
Ingredients
------------

3 potatoes
a packet of mini bell peppers
3 or 4 green chillies
fresh coriander
coriander powder
amchur powder
red chilli powder
½ spoon ginger garlic paste
turmeric, a little
salt
paneer (optional)


  1. Boil potatoes; peel off their skin and keep aside to cool.
  2. Make two slits length-wise on peppers and remove the seeds from them.
  3. Wash them and cook them in the microwave with little salt or 2 or 3 minutes or until soft.
  4. Mash potatoes, add green chillies and add all the remaining and mix the whole mixture well.
  5. Stuff the mixture into the peppers and shallow fry them in oil.

    These were so cool to eat; we actually skipped eating chapattis and ate just those. I read somewhere that these peppers are low in calories and high in Vitamin C and antioxidants.

1 comment:

  1. Hi lata,

    Stuffed bell peppers are looking yummy.This is new recipe to me and can't wait to try this.
    Thanks for sharing
    Madhuri

    ReplyDelete