Thursday, July 12, 2007

Fiesta Spaghetti

Tasty, wholesome and an exciting recipe to make. Added some green chillies and red chilli powder for the Indian taste buds. I imagined it one way but it was way different when done. The kitchen was filled with such fantastic smell, Ravi kept asking me to switch on the fan when the fan was already switched on. Especialy when you combine onion, garlic and black pepper, the taste buds start dancing for some exotic food. But, I had to omit pepper tonight for the sake of adding green chillies. And green chillies in fact made complete justice to the dish. This is loved so very much at home that I guess I would be making this again and again.

I found the recipe on the back of the whole wheat spaghetti packet but I changed the recipe to suit our taste buds.

Try this and you will love it for sure.

You need...

2 bowls of spaghetti
1 cup frozen zucchni and squash (fresh can be done, I had some in the freezer)
1 small onion, chopped
1 large beefsteak tomato (the one that oozes out more juice)
1 cup yellow and red peppers, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp italian seasoning or dried herbs
3 green chillies
parmesan cheese (optional)
salt to taste

  1. Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
  2. Heat oil in a pan, saute onion, garlic and green chillies.
  3. Add the veggies, zucchini, squash and peppers. Cook for 5 mins or until veggies are tender. Keep stirring in between to avoid burning.
  4. Add tomatoes, chilli powder, salt and dried herbs. Cook for 2-3 mins stirring in between.
  5. Add spaghetti and simmer uncovered for 5-10 mins.

Serve hot by sprinkling parmesan cheese on the top.




Tip: Sanjeev Kapoor says: add more salt while boiling pasta, otherwise no matter how much you add while cooking, pasta remains bland.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Lata! according your words, I can expect how much you enjoyed spaghetti taste. Looks delicious too. I am going to try your version. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple but wonderful recipe there Lata. Looks lip-smacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dishes like these. Set a place for me, I'm coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spaghetti is looking too tempting. Its my breakfast time now and feeling all the more hungry after seeing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....Spaghetti and you not invite me....why? I love your post. Dish looks delicious.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suganya,
    What you said is real truth.

    Jyoti,

    Do let me know if you liked it or not after you try.

    Laavanya,

    True, True, True.

    Cynthia,
    I will be very very happy to receive you.

    Archana,
    Thanks.

    Kajal,

    Next time I will keep you in mind my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mexican style Pasta rocks! YUMMY!! I love the color combo too.Good job Lata.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love spaghetti,indeed a fiesta,great looking dish.Awesome picture!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more for tonight -- the fiesta spaghetti looks delicious, and I'm curious about the plate -- almost looks like depression glass from the 1920's (I collect some). Makes for a lovely presentation, whatever it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice presentation and a delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting Lata. I just love to admire this dish more than eating. Don't know why. With veggies it look great. Viji

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a nice recipe....Love it...Nice colour...

    ReplyDelete