Friday, April 20, 2007

4:3:2:1 Lunch Box!

This is my entry to "Show your lunch box" event. I looked at the deadline just last night and I started preparing this for the lunch early in the morning. I had to get up early for one more reason as I had to cook lunch for the potluck at Ravi's work place. I cooked Chole and made some peas and carrots Pulav as an accompaniment for Chole.

My lunch box got ready in no time since most of them are taken directly from the refrigerator, washed and arranged in a box. The only effort I put in was for Dhokla, put the batter in pressure cooker for 12 mins on high and cut them into different shapes, hearts and flowers with cookie cutter and made diamonds with a sharp knife. And in parallel, I put baby potatoes, peas and carrots for roasting in a toaster oven. By the time I finished making Chole, my roasted veggies and Dokhla got ready and here you see my awesome lunch.

Used the 4:3:2:1 ratio of Japanese Bento method with Dhokla, roasted Veggies (baby potatoes, green peas and carrots), Fruits (strawberry and grapes), and I replaced Dessert with dried fruits Walnuts and Cranberries. We eat few walnuts and cranberries everyday as walnuts are supposed to increase the good cholesterol and decrease the bad one and cranberries for their anti-oxidant properties.

There is no recipe to provide for Dokhla as that is made with Swad Instant mix (recipe is on the box) and I will make another post for Roasted Potatoes very soon...



4 comments:

  1. That is one healthy and yummy lunch. Could we share please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kribha, thanks for the comments.

    Yes, you can share.

    (sorry for the delay in responding as the Internet was down for an hour)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lata, I love the look of this lunchbox. I recently discovered the 4:3:2:1 method and find it wonderful.

    Thanks for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lata,healthy colorful lunch,Got hooked up by ur cuuuuute blog and the song played back as well...I love all the 3!!!

    ReplyDelete