Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Tutti Fruiti Lassi

It was one of the most sunny and muggy days for this season today, surprisingly. It is just the beginning of April and it is only spring but the temperature went upto 98 degrees.

We all went for an afternoon walk (we have a nice trail around our office location, it is more than 4 miles but we walked only 3 miles) and we were dead tired by the time we came back to work. We didn't feel like going back to work after going through all this humid and unpleasant climate.

Then, I took off from work early and started driving towards home. The inside of the car was so hot and the heat was so direct on my face, it was a scorching heat, almost felt like it was
going to burn my hands.

I wanted to come home and drink something very cold to cool my body off. I could not wait to get home and take a cold water bath. Then I made this Tutti Fruiti lassi. It is basically a plain lassi but I added a Tutti Fruiti ice cream ball to eat at the end. That quenched my thirst for something cold and nice. I then relaxed for a while indoors before fixing dinner.

You need...

2 cups yogurt
1/2 cup waterl
little crushed ice
pista, 3 or 4 (optional
1 spoon cream (optional)
little cardammom powder
little salt
4 spoons of sugar
Tutti Fruiti Ice Cream (you will find this in Indian Stores)

  1. Blend all except the Ice Cream.


Just before serving, put the Ice Cream ball in the Lassi and serve cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment