Thursday, March 1, 2007

Akki Roti

I got so excited after seeing this recipe at Supriya Krishna's blog that I was determined to try this out soon after coming home. I saw this just before leaving the office tonight and on my way I was thinking if I had the right ingredients at home but this recipe doesn't need a lot of stuff, just the regular variety like onions, carrots, curry leaves etc..

I came home and asked Ravi what he wants to eat, he said anything that you want to make or let's order a pizza if you are not interested to cook. I immediately asked him if he likes to eat "Akki Roti" he was like, sure, why not? And then I asked him, do you know what that is, he said no I don't! but I am sure it must be good. And that's how I went down to make this recipe and this was ready in minutes. My first 3 rotis have come really in nice shape but the later ones got broken. May be because the dough became cold after a while. I kept the remaining dough in a container to make some more, may be tomorrow.

Thought of adding more veggies but since this is rice flour that we are dealing with, I thought it would break if I add too many, so I didn't bother. I just went with the recipe posted on http://supriyakrishna.blogspot.com. Please refer to the recipe over there.




No comments:

Post a Comment