Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Black and Red Art Piece

I made this one with Black and Red velvet paper. I searched for this kind of paper everywhere, online, stores like Michaels, A.C Moore, Ben Franklin crafts but nobody even knew about this paper. Back in India, I used to make a lot of designs for walls and greeting cards for friends with this paper. This paper is so versatile that you can make anything out of it. But, unfortunately it is not available in the US. I had to ask my mom to bring all colors avaialable in India for me when she came to visit me. The one I have at home in India is a similar one but the colors I used were yellow and maroon and I added two peacocks on the two sides. I made a simple one for me.

You can make this too in just 2 or 3 hours. All you need is a black and red velvet paper. Cut Red velvet into mini circles, gel them as you wish and put a jewel in the center. I bought these jewels from Michaels, these are called acrylic jewels.





No comments:

Post a Comment