Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mango Lassi


I took my brother to an Indian restaurant lately and he took Mango Lassi as his drink. He liked that so much that he kept asking me to make one at home. On his request, I made this with readymade mango pulp. I got this can from the store and I don’t remember the name of it, I already threw the can. I wish I had fresh mangoes in the kitchen; it would have made a big difference in the taste.

I envy those who are in India and who get to eat Raasalu in the summer. I love that variety of Mango so much. I just could not wait to get them home in those days. My mom used to buy them and soak them in water until evening and we used to eat them soon after the dinner. Ah! Who can forget those summer days with those mangoes around?
-------------
Ingredients
-------------
½ cup of mango pulp
1 cup of yogurt (or buttermilk)
½ cup water
Sugar (as per your taste)
½ tbsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp cream


Blend all together and serve cold. Add some ice before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment