Saturday, May 12, 2007

Chilled Cantaloupe Soup


I was so doubtful about this recipe when I started preparing it. It was in my to-do list from long and I picked it up thinking how would this taste? Soup with a fruit?


But, the result was literally great. I couldn't imagine before as to why the mint is listed in this recipe but that made the overall difference to me. This was so so refreshing that I would want to go back to this on every hot weather day.


Friends, I promise I would make this for our upcoming camping trip. I know you would relish this too.

You need...

1 cantaloupe
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lime juice
2 cups orange juice
few fresh mint sprigs
  1. Deseed the cantaloupe, cut into pieces and put it in a blender.
  2. Add cinnamon, lime juice and orange juice and blend all together.
  3. Chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
  4. Serve with mint sprigs.


You can crush ming sprigs just before eating, as that is the one that gives a refreshing feeling. I had kept cantaloupe in the refrigerator after buying, so I didn't have to chill it for long. I kept the soup in the freezer for 10 mins and then ate it. This is a must try for summer.

5 comments:

  1. Lata, what a nice recipe... that looks so refreshing... U r right, perfect for summer, I will try this for sure! Recipe sounds more like a refreshing drink than a soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit soups are always refreshing. Beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfull recipe lata, never heard of this soup before! thks girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great recipe. will try it soon. even honeydew melon or watermelon would be gerat prepared like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this looks amazing. I just happen to have cantelope sitting right here in my kitchen...going to try this. do you think it would taste good if I added some mango too? I have one thats a little over ripe, but still good enough. thanks for stopping by on my blog!

    ReplyDelete