Thursday, May 17, 2007

Corn and Paneer Curry


While driving back home, I thought I will make Corn and Shimla Mirch curry. And I started the process by blending onion, green chillies etc and when the time came to cut veggies, I saw that I ran out of Shimla Mirch, the other day I made Shimla Mirch for the RCI event (recipe is coming soon), so I had to use Paneer. And the cooking time was reduced too as we don’t have cook Paneer for long. This curry was tasty with both chapathis and rice. We finished all at one go.

You’ll need…

1 cup paneer
1 cup corn
1 medium sized onion, chopped
½ cup yogurt
2 big green chillies
½ inch ginger
2 garlic pods
2 tbsp oil
a pinch of turmeric,
salt to taste
few coriander leaves
1 tbsp coriander powder
½ tbsp each of cumin and garam masala powder

  1. Blend onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic (you can use ginger garlic paste too).
  2. Heat oil in a pan and add corn and fry for 2 mins.
  3. Add the blended mixture and cook until the curry leaves the sides of the pan.
  4. Add turmeric, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala and mix.
  5. Reduce the flame, add yogurt and cook for 5 mins.
  6. Add paneer and coriander and cook for another 2 mins.

Serve hot. Instead of yogurt, if you add cream, it would be rich. Just for health reasons, I avoided it.



9 comments:

  1. gravy looks yum! u too look like a paneer fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lata, I really like the dishes you make. There is a certain simplicity about them that makes one think of clean flavours. What I mean is that because they are so simple, the flavours would be more intense and so you can enjoy the natural tastes of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey curry looks delicious.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Lata.I made some home made Paneer yesterday,have ti come with some dish now.Hope every thing is cool or hot in the Capital:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Richa. I am a big paneer fan. I make paneer every weekend but I don't get a chance to take a picture as it gets over soon.

    Cynthia, you are so humble to tell me that. Yeah, I like to keep everything simple yet delicious.

    Thanks Roopa

    Asha, as you know you can make different things with this, I love to make Paneer Kalimirch and Pudina Paneer, they satisfy my craving.
    It is both hot-cold in the capital:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lata, first time here, the gravy looks rich & yummy!!

    www.themistressofspices.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big paneer fan. Nice to see a dish that stands apart from the usual paneer butter masala and tikka masala.Picture looks great. For me I would like cream than yogurt. Don't give me that look Lata. I'm very bad in controlling my tongue. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corn is so good. A great dish for the summer when corn is in season.

    Kanchana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and unusual combination!

    ReplyDelete