Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Palak Soup

I never made Palak Soup before and many of my friends suggested that I make one and enjoy the taste of it. I searched for a while on the net and since there were too many recipes, I had hard time picking up the best one that suited to my taste buds. I got this one from Bawarchi and we felt as if we were eating curry in the beginning, it tasted very close to Palak Paneer and there was some left for the next day. And just like any other soup, this was good the second day. I modified the recipe a bit according to my taste. I guess the best part of this soup was adding corn. As the palak tastes bland, corn gave us that extra spicy taste since I roasted it in ginger garlic paste; this made a huge difference to the entire dish.

You need…

2 cups of palak
1 onion, medium, chopped into 4 big pieces
2 tomatoes
1 cup sweet corn, I used Frozen
2 or 3 green chillies
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic pod
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste

  1. Boil chopped green chillies, onions and whole tomatoes until tender. Remove the skin of the tomatoes.
  2. On the side, boil palak until tender.
  3. Heat oil in a pan; add crushed garlic (I think you guys know the aroma that comes with the combination of EVOO and Garlic).
  4. Add corn and cook for 3 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
  5. Blend palak, green chillies, onions, tomatoes and pour in the corn mixture.
  6. Add red chilli powder and salt and bring to a boil.
  7. Add milk at the end and cook for 5 mins.


Serve hot with any kind of bread. We had it with freshly made garlic bread.

6 comments:

  1. Oh NO!! Another silent picture!!:))
    Will be back later,looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lata, what is this Again! no Recipe.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can be healthier than this?? Looks good, Lata...lekin recipe kahan hai?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there you have nice recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry again, I posted the recipe now. I am basically uploading the photo from home and writing the recipe after coming to work.

    Thanks Jeena, you have a nice name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ultimate comfort food - soup the next day.

    ReplyDelete