Monday, May 21, 2007

Mudda Pappu


I guess I don't need to give any introduction to this dish since it is so common in all Andhra households. It has a special place in everyday meals. I guess this is the only dish you will not be bored of eating everyday with every meal.

Eating this with ghee and accompanied by pickle (esp Avakaya! (Thanks my friends, for letting me know. God! how did I forget to write this) makes it a heavenly food on earth. And this is the first food toddlers are made to eat until they can take the spicy taste. Of course, pickle is not given to them. It tastes excellent with Rasam too.

Sending this over to Latha at Masala Magic for RCI even-Andhra Cuisine.

-Andhra Cuisine

You'll need...

1 cup Toor Dal
a pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
1tbsp oil

  1. Wash dal and add turmeric, salt and oil.
  2. Pressure cook upto 4 whistles.

Remove, add ghee to hot rice or dal and serve Mudda Pappu with Pickle

8 comments:

  1. thats is an easy breezy recipe lata... need i say how much i love it?;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latha!!
    Can anything beat this simple mudda pappu with avakaya!!
    Very simple but yet its tastes so different right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper easy recipe Lata.Looks delicious:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay I love this a lot....nice pictures...Simple dish looking delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a comfort food that I can have for 365 days. Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy.. Uthi pappu with neyyi and avakaya is my all time favorite. Great entry for RCI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems very tasty!
    Hope to try it..
    will let u know..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the simplest Recipe. I have also found dry benda kaya vepudu and avvakaya pachidi is a great combination

    ReplyDelete