Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dahiwale Noodles


I laughed when my brother said “White Noodles” as soon as he saw this dish. Few years back when I was in Engineering College, my friends came over to my place and my mom was out. So I had to make something for them, and I made fried Noodles but the dish was so salty that I didn’t want to throw it and waste so much, instead I added Perugu Pachadi that was in the refrigerator and that fixed our problem. Since then, we like this very much and make it often.

Noodle lovers , I guess you should try this.


You’ll need…

½ packet Haka Noodles, boiled
1 cup yogurt
1 cucumber, chopped into fine pieces
2 green chillies
cilantro for garnishing, chopped
½ inch ginger, chopped to very fine pieces
Salt to taste

2tbsp oil

for seasoning:
½ spoon each of jeera, rai, urad and chana dal
5 or 6 black pepper corns
Few cashew nuts


  1. Beat yogurt well and make it to a semi-solid consistency.
  2. Add salt, chopped cucumber, cilantro, green chilly, ginger and keep aside for 5 mins. You can even fry ginger and chilly along with the seasoning for extra flavor, but I like to keep it natural.
  3. Add oil to the pan and fry the seasoning items for a minute, add noodles to it and fry for a minute(optional) or you can directly add noodles and the seasoning directly to yogurt.


This is too simple and too easy to make. It is just like Yogurt rice, instead of rice, we add noodles. It is very good for the summer.






6 comments:

  1. Wow! great recipe. I will try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lata.Very unusual and great looking recipe.Looks like Mosaranna we make but with noodles! Very nice and a great treat for hot Summer day.
    I just checked Tower restaurant in Morrisville,looks interesting,will visit someday:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is certainly unusual....but for a noodle lover like me, it's worth a try!
    Indeed a cooling one for the summer.....perfect for picnics too.

    trupti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very tasty, Lata. I am planning to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It resembles the curd semia my mom makes. But the procedure is little different. Anyway, I will try this for my hubby who is a noodle lover. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative! Looks like a delicious variation of my favorite dahi-chawal :)

    ReplyDelete