Thursday, May 10, 2007

Poha and Maggi


I basically wanted to try Trupti’s Corn Poha, I added Corn to the Poha but followed my own recipe after that. The sweet corn and potato combination was delicious and different. I got an idea to make Chudwa with corn in a similar way. Will try and post the recipe soon.

I knew my brother wouldn’t like to eat Poha, so I made Maggi for him in the same way as Poha but atleast he tasted Poha and appreciated it.

You need…

2 cups of Poha
1 onion, chopped
1 potato, boiled and chopped
1 cup corn
2 or 3 green chillies, chopped
few curry leaves
coriander for garnishing
a pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
lemon juice
sugar, optional

For seasoning:

2 tbsp oil
½ tbsp each of Jeera, Rai, Urad and Chana dal,

  1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the seasoning items and fry them until brown.
  2. Add onions, green chillies, curry leaves and cook until onions turn light brown.
  3. Add corn, potato, ginger garlic paste, salt and cook for 4 minutes.
  4. Put poha in colander and wash under running water. Keep aside for a minute and then add it to the dish. Mix it well.
  5. Add sugar if you like, I skipped this part.

Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander and serve hot.

For Maggi:

Take some cooked mixture from Step 4 add it to the boiled Maggi Noodles along with the Maggi masala.. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.



5 comments:

  1. Poha looks good and I love Masala flavored Maggi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both look very nice!me too my daughter just loves maggi anytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lata,
    I see your blog first time but very nicely created by you.
    I love your all dish and your way to catch photo too.
    I never try Ragi pudding.. so try once..........your coriander rice is also nice…your achari aloo methi say I eat it first then type for you.
    I never try poha with maggi but last try it also.....so many thing I try form your blog..........Thanks for sharing.:)
    Keep-In-Touch.:)
    Gud Day
    kajal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poha. Nice recipe, and also for your spinach soup!

    ReplyDelete