Sunday, May 20, 2007

Squash Raita



This is my friend Sunitha's favorite recipe. Don't know where she is now (feel so sad, we are out of touch even in this email and internet world) , was my punjabi neighbor while I was doing my MS and she taught me many punjabi dishes. She was working in our school at that time and used to call us whenever she made any special dishes. I hope we find each other through blogs. Anyways, this is very very easy to make and less time consuming and thanks to my hubby for chopping Squash for me with the mandoline.


You'll need...

2 cups yogurt
1 squash, chopped
coriander, chopped
1 green chilly, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp jeera powder
salt to taste
  1. Beat yogurt well and add salt.
  2. Add squash, coriander, chilly, sugar and jeera powder.

Serve with any Pulao or just with anything.

5 comments:

  1. looks delicious, i loved the way you used jeera powder on the raita...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are keeping the memory of your friendship alive. Your friend would be touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lata,started the summer raitas little early,did you?;D Looks great,it is hot,these days.Great tribute to your buddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay this sounds so different to me...Nice presentation....Nice one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squash Raita...What a new dish? Good presentation. Hope you find your buddy soon.will try this recipe sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete